Axanto Group recognizes that our operations result in emissions to air and the generation of waste material. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
Our commitment to minimizing the impact of our operations on the environment to as low a level as is practically possible and describes how we will go about achieving this aim.
- Integrate environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly.
- Develop and maintain appropriate programs and policies where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to suppliers, clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
We aim to:
- Implement web based mandatory training for our employees to educate them on our policies and procedures as it relates to the environment
- Reduce transport emission between our locations and client sites by 20%. This will be achieved by utilizing video conferencing and remote takeover capabilities
- Reduce paper based printing by 20% by providing Mobile computing devices to our field engineers which will contain digital copies of the manuals they will require
- Only use paper that contains at least 30% recycled material.
- Inform all customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact